Laparoscopic Training for theatre nurses is designed with the view of improving patient care through minimizing operative risk by encouraging laparoscopic practical and theoretical knowledge expansion of theatre staff. By empowering theatre staff our aim is to make a more effective laparoscopic team member. This course will improve the job satisfaction of nurses and operative efficiency improvement is also anticipated. The course is based on a combination of didactic and hands-on teaching. By providing a 1:2 ratio of course facilitator : participants, a unique learning environment is provided for operating room nurses.
Courses are 1st to 4th of every month.
- Operating Room Technician
- Scrub Nurses working in conventional operation theatre
- Occupational health nurses
- Alternative surgical therapists
- Experienced Operation Theatre Staff
Dr J S Chowhan, MBBS; MS; PGDHHM
Consultant Surgeon, Co-Faculty and Course Coordinator, World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurugram
Member Indian Medical Association
Member Association of Surgeons of India
Member Delhi Medical Council
- Improve knowledge on indications of laparoscopic surgery and its practical application
- Techniques of maintenance and sterilization of laparoscopic Instruments
- Raise awareness of specificity of laparoscopic surgery.
- Improve knowledge of Laparoscopic equipments, new technologies and how to use them.
- Identify the role of the nurse within the medical staff in order to improve the knowledge and skill of Minimal Access Surgery.
- Knowledge of Minimizing Laparoscopic complications
- Knowledge of Laparoscopic Postoperative care
- Knowledge of Laparoscopic Pre-Operative preparation
Program for Nurses:
- Presentation and manipulation of various equipments, design, principle, ergonomics, and sterilization methods.
- Theory and "Hands On" practical demonstration on pelvic trainer.
- Presentations and video projections:
- Introduction to laparoscopic surgery: history of laparoscopy.
- Basic principles, cleaning, sterilization protocols.
- The operating theater, preparing patients.
- Surgical equipment: description, cleaning and ways of use: insufflator, cold light source, camera, monitors, irrigation/suction device, electrosurgery.
- Laparoscopic instruments: graspers, hooks, scissors, instruments for ligature, clips and automatic graspers.
- Single use disposable instruments/multiple use reusable instruments.
- The future in surgery and role of Nurses.
- Principle of new equipments Robotics and NOTES.
Each participant will have the opportunity to practice gestures of laparoscopic surgery on a pelvic trainer and in a real-time situation
Certification Diploma in Laparoscopic OT Technician will be Awarded
References and dates Course is from 1st to 4th of every month
Fees 1500 USD for Overseas candidate and 35000 Rupees for Indians. Lunch is catered for the host.
Information and registrationLaparoscopic Surgery Training for NursesCyber City, DLF Phase II
Gurugram, Haryana, NCR Delhi,122002