Courses are 20 to 24th of every month.
- Operating Room Technician
- Scrub Nurses working in conventional operation theatre
- Occupational health nurses
- Alternative surgical therapists
- Experienced Operation Theatre Staff
Dr J S Chowhan, MBBS; MS; PGDHHM
Consultant Surgeon, Co-Faculty and Course Coordinator, World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurugram
Member Indian Medical Association
Member Association of Surgeons of India
Member Delhi Medical Council
- Improve knowledge on indications of laparoscopic surgery and its practical application
- Techniques of maintanance and sterilization of laparoscopic Instruments
- Raise awareness of specificities of laparoscopic surgery.
- Improve knowledge of Laparoscopic equipments, new technologies and how to use them.
- Identify the role of the nurse within the medical staff in order to improve the knowledge and skill of Minimal Acces Surgery.
- Knowledge of Minimising Laparoscopic complications
- Knowledge of Laparoscopic Postoperative care
- Knowledge of Laparoscopic Pre-Operative preparation
Program for Nurses:
- Presentation and manipulation of various equipments, design, principle, ergonomics, and sterilization methods.
- Theory and "Hands On" practical demonstration on pelvic trainer.
- Presentations and video projections:
- Introduction to laparoscopic surgery: history of laparoscopy.
- Basic principles, cleaning, sterilization protocols.
- The operating theater, preparing patients.
- Surgical equipment: description, cleaning and ways of use: insufflator, cold light source, camera, monitors, irrigation/suction device, electrosurgery.
- Laparoscopic instruments: graspers, hooks, scissors, instruments for ligature, clips and automatic graspers.
- Single use disposable instruments/multiple use reusable instruments.
- The future in surgery and role of Nurses.
- Principle of new equipments Robotics and NOTES.
Each participant will have the opportunity to practice gestures of laparoscopic surgery on a pelvic trainer and in a real-time situation
Certification Certificate of Training will be awarded by TGO University
References and dates Course is from 20th to 24th of every month
Fees 1500 USD for Overseas candidate and 35000 Rupees for Indians. Lunch is catered for the host.
Information and registration
Gurugram, Haryana, NCR Delhi, 122002
“This program helps our nurses to adapt to the real world of Minimal Access Surgical Ccare nursing”