Laparoscopic Training for theatre nurses diploma course in Dubai is designed with the view of improving patient care through minimizing operative risk by encouraging laparoscopic practical and theoretical knowledge expansion of theatre staff. By empowering theatre staff our aim is to make a more effective laparoscopic team member. This course will improve the job satisfaction of nurses and operative efficiency improvement is also anticipated. The course is based on a combination of didactic and hands-on teaching. By providing a 1:2 ratio of course facilitator : participants, a unique learning environment is provided for operating room nurses.
Who is Eligible for this Diploma:
- Operating Room Technician
- Scrub Nurses working in conventional operation theatre
- Occupational health nurses
- Alternative surgical therapists
- Experienced Operation Theatre Staff
Dr. B. S. BHALLA
MBBS, Govt. Medical College, Patiala (1991-1996)
M.S (General Surgery), Govt. Medical College, Patiala (1998-2001)
Fellowships and Training of Dr. Bhalla
FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery), AMASI, 2008
FIAGES (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery), IAGES, 2011
LAP HERNIA COURSE, AIIMS, N. Delhi. 2012
FALS-BARIATRIC (Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery), IAGES, 2017
FAIS ( Fellowship of Association of Surgeons of India), 2018
FMBS (Fellowship in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery), TAIWAN, 2019
Trained GI ENDOSCOPIST (ADVANCED THERAPEUTIC ENDOSCOPY, COLONOSCOPY, AND ERCP)
Objectives of Diploma in Laparoscopic Training for Nurses:
- Improve knowledge on indications of laparoscopic surgery and its practical application
- Techniques of maintenance and sterilization of laparoscopic Instruments
- Raise awareness of specificity of laparoscopic surgery.
- Improve knowledge of Laparoscopic equipments, new technologies and how to use them.
- Identify the role of the nurse within the medical staff in order to improve the knowledge and skill of Minimal Access Surgery.
- Knowledge of Minimizing Laparoscopic complications
- Knowledge of Laparoscopic Postoperative care
- Knowledge of Laparoscopic Pre-Operative preparation
Program for Nurses Laparoscopic Training in Dubai:
- Presentation and manipulation of various equipments, design, principle, ergonomics, and sterilization methods.
- Theory and "Hands On" practical demonstration on pelvic trainer.
- Training of All types of Extracorcopreal and Intracorporeal suturing
- Training of Laparoscopic Tissue Morcellation
- Training of Laparoscopic Tissue Extraction
- Training of Managing Energy Sourses, Insufflatorm Camera Light Source, Harmonic Scalpel and Ligasure
- Training of using different kind of staplers in laparoscopy
- Presentations and video projections:
- Introduction to laparoscopic surgery: history of laparoscopy.
- Basic principles, cleaning, sterilization protocols.
- The operating theater, preparing patients.
- Surgical equipment: description, cleaning and ways of use: insufflator, cold light source, camera, monitors, irrigation/suction device, electrosurgery.
- Laparoscopic instruments: graspers, hooks, scissors, instruments for ligature, clips and automatic graspers.
- Single use disposable instruments/multiple use reusable instruments.
- The future in surgery and role of Nurses.
- Principle of new equipments Robotics and NOTES.
Each participant will have the opportunity to practice gestures of laparoscopic surgery on a pelvic trainer and in a real-time situation
Duration: 2 days
Certification Diploma in Laparoscopic OT Technician will be Awarded
Information and registrationFill out my online form.
World Laparoscopy Training Institute+971525857874
Building No: 27 Block A
Dubai Healthcare City, P.O.Box: 505242
Dubai, United Arab Emirates