Task analysis of Dundee Jamming with Aberdeen termination
External component (starter knot)
1. Take cutting suture (40cm long) with Endoski needle
2. Make a loop with the shorter limb over the longer limb.
3. Go from below the loop and pull the Non Needle end( Longer Limb) to create loop within a loop and than tighten it
4. Repeat it, to form another loop within the loop.
5. Insert the Maryland through reducer
6. Hold the both limbs of the loop with the Maryland, hide it in the reducer and insert into abdominal cavity.
7. Insert needle holder through another cannula.
8. Hold the needle at the junction of anterior 2/3rd and posterior 1/3rd.
9. Take the first bite (at the angle of the cut peritoneum/ tissue) both cut edges.
10. Pull the needle end till the starter knot touches one of the cut edge.
11. Carefully pass the needle holder through the loop and hold the suture near the needle and pull it through the loop.
12. Tighten it by pulling the needle end of the suture. It gets locked.
13. Then start continuous suturing by making C and taking bites for interlocking. Can do this step without interlocking.
Termination with Aberdeen’s
14. On the last bite, do not form a C ; without tightening it leave it loose to form a loop.
15. Pass the needle holder through the loop and hold the suture at the exit point of the cut edge and pull the non needle end till its get tighten and the other loop is form. Do not pull the needle out. Again go through the loop and pull the non needle end.
16. Repeat this again and now pull out the needle through the loop and tighten it.
17. Insert scissors and cut the suture end 1cm.
18. Remove the needle with Maryland.
Dr. Humayra Bint
May 23rd, 2020 3:57 pm
Great Task Analysis everyone should learn how to apply Laparoscopic Intracorporeal Dundee Jamming knot continuous suture with Aberdeen termination.Thanks for sharing.
Dr Nitish Kumar Yadav
May 23rd, 2020 3:59 pm
You are awesome sir. You will occupy a unique position in the history of modern teaching in the field of Laparoscopy Surgery Thanks for posting this Task analysis of Dundee Jamming with Aberdeen termination
May 23rd, 2020 4:17 pm
Beautifully explained with this Task analysis of Dundee Jamming with Aberdeen termination. Thanks for explaining and included all the step! Professor Dr. R. K. Mishra very good academic qualified and well knowledgeable and very talented ! God Bless Him! Thanks for posting.
Dr. Ramya Sanga Reddy
May 23rd, 2020 4:22 pm
It's really Amazing! Everything is clearly discussed with the Task, your way of teaching is just excellent. Thanks uploading this Task analysis of Dundee Jamming with Aberdeen termination. Amazing and informative Task analysis.
Dr. Abubaker Algeria
May 23rd, 2020 4:30 pm
Great Article all Laparoscopic surgeon's should learn how to apply Laparoscopic Intracorporeal Dundee Jamming knot Continuous with Aberdeen termination. The professor is excellent in conveying knowledge and inducing thought. sutures correctly and always keep a suture kit for emergencies.Thanks for posting.
|Older Post||Home||Newer Post|