Task analysis of Dundee Jamming Knot with Aberdeen Termination
Task analysis of Dundee Jamming Knot with Aberdeen TerminationDr. keerthana keena
D.MAS (July 2019)
An external component (starter knot)
1. Take cutting suture (40cm long) with Endoski needle
2. Make a loop with the shorter limb over the longer limb.
3. Go from below the loop and pull the Non Needle end( Longer Limb) to create a loop within a loop and then tighten it
4. Repeat it, to form another loop within the loop.
5. Insert Maryland through reducer
6. Hold both limbs of the loop with Maryland, hide it in the reducer and insert into the abdominal cavity.
7. Insert needle holder through another cannula.
8. Hold the needle at the junction of anterior 2/3rd and posterior 1/3rd.
9. Take the first bite (at the angle of the cut peritoneum/ tissue) both cut edges.
10. Pull the needle end till the starter knot touches one of the cut edges.
11. Carefully pass the needle holder through the loop and hold the suture near the needle and pull it through the loop.
12. Tighten it by pulling the needle end of the suture and it gets locked.
13. Then start continuous suturing by making C and taking bites for interlocking. Can do this step without interlocking.
Termination with Aberdeen’s
14. On the last bite, do not form a C; without tightening it leave it loose to form a loop.
15. Pass the needle holder through the loop and hold the suture at the exit point of the cut edge and pull the non-needle end till its get tighten and the other loop is formed. Do not pull the needle out. Again go through the loop and pull the non-needle end.
16. Repeat this again and now pull out the needle through the loop and tighten it.
17. Insert scissors and cut the suture end 1cm.
18. Remove the needle with Maryland.
May 22nd, 2020 3:07 am
A bright and outstanding article. Very stimulating!! Great Task analysis of Dundee Jamming Knot with Aberdeen Termination.
May 22nd, 2020 7:22 am
I'm Amazed! Everything is clearly discussed, excellent step of knoting. Thanks for uploading Task analysis of Dundee Jamming Knot with Aberdeen Termination
Dr. Mansur Rahman
May 22nd, 2020 7:34 am
This is a very useful knot for Laparoscopy surgeons. Laparoscopic Intracorporeal Dundee Jamming Knot with Aberdeen Termination very very impressive and educative step with this article.This is a very informative and educative.
Dr. Ahmed Javed
Apr 29th, 2021 10:34 am
Fantastic article. Lots of useful info here. Thanks for posting Task analysis of Dundee Jamming Knot with Aberdeen Termination.
|Older Post||Home||Newer Post|