The role of thunderbeat please explain?
|Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Dr Akchhay Sinha - Jun 7th, 2016 12:09 pm.|
Dr Akchhay Sinha
|How this new thunder-beat work and is it superior than ligasure or harmonic scalpel. We are planning to buy so please suggest. Is it worth buying?|
re: The role of thunderbeat please explain? by Dr.S.Hussain - Jun 9th, 2016 1:20 pm
|Dear Dr. Akchhay Sinha,
It is the combines ultrasonic and advanced bipolar energy in a unique instrument design. Bipolar electrodes are placed on both upper and lower jaws with one jaw being driven by ultrasonic energy in addition, working simultaneously and a special "center-pivot" jaws layout ensures an evenly distribution of pressure independent of tissue thickness or type producing consistently superior vessel sealing with higher grasping and dissecting forces.
Thunderbeat is superior than ligasure or harmonics on the basis of following quality:-
• Reliable 7 mm vessel sealing & cutting
• Very precise dissection with unique, fine jaws design
• Fastest-in-class cutting of any advanced energy device
• Minimal thermal spread
• Improved visibility with reduced mist generation
• Signifianct time savings by minimized need to exchange for other instrument
• Manage secondary bleedings by bipolar mode only