Free Medico Legal Advice | निःशुल्क मेडिको-कानूनी सलाह

Uretic Injury
Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Krishna Chawla - Jun 5th, 2014 7:48 am.
Krishna Chawla
Krishna Chawla
My was undergone laparoscopic hysterectomy in Pune 6 month back. After 7 days of surgery some watery content start coming out from below. It was smelling like urine. When we took her to another gynecologist she prescribe IVF. IVF has revealed that the ureter of my wife is damaged. I consulted a urologist and he said that the surgery is required and re-implantation surgery of ureter with bladder is necessary. I am completely frustrated and I want compensation so that I can at least get the another surgery done. Please advice. Now my question is where should I appeal for that and what is the procedure. Do I need a lawyer or can I apply to Maharshtra medical council directly. Please advice.
re: Uretic Injury by ADITYA RAJESHWAR - Jun 11th, 2014 7:27 am
Dear Mr.Chawala,

This is clearly an act of negligence from part of the medical practitioner. But according to me Maharastra medical council is not empowered to ask the doctor to give compensation to you. The compensation can be ordered to be given by any judicial or quasi judicial bodies like court or consumer forum.

For getting compensation for negligent act of a doctor you should approach to consumer court. As a patient is a consumer under consumer protection act 1985, as decided by honorable Supreme Court in the case of Indian Medical Association vs. V P Shantha. And Supreme Court held that

(1) Services rendered by a practitioner i.e consultation, diagnosis and treatment ,would fall within the ambit of services as defined by the Act.

(2)The fact that practitioners are subject to the disciplinary control of the Medical Council of India and/or state medical councils would not exclude the services rendered by them from the ambit of the Act.

The remedy under the Act includes civil remedy.

The amount of compensation is at the discretion of the Forum. It is not merely the alleged mental pain or physical discomfort, etc, suffered by the Appellant . It is also the quality of conduct committed by the Respondents that needs attention in a case of proven negligence.

For defending your case in consumer court you do not require any lawyer, you can defend your case on your own.

With Regards
Post Reply
Name *
Email * Will be hidden from visitors
Your Avatar * Limit 2Mb please
Enter verification code Mathematical catpcha image
- calculate the result
* - required fields

Laparoscopic Surgery Training

Ask Free Legal Questions On Consumer Protection Related to Laparoscopic Surgery. As the Premier Institute of Minimal Access Surgery World Laparoscopy Hospital provide Free medico legal advice to Patient and Surgeon. Institute of Medicine & Law department of World Laparoscopy Hospital provides education, information, and services in medical laws. WLH Medico Legal information and analysis is real-time, accurate, actionable and is delivered to doctors, hospitals, and lawyers on multiple platforms using the latest in technology.

Knowledge Bank of World Laparoscopy Hospital on Medical Laws is comprehensive and continuously updated with the latest developments in medical laws. Today, in World, World Laparoscopy Hospital possesses the best resources in terms of professionals, information, and knowledge on medical laws related to Minimal Access Surgery and these are optimally utilized in providing Medico legal Legal solutions.<

World Laparoscopy Hospital organizes the National and International Convention on Medico legal issues related to Minimal Access Surgery every year, a platform to identify the legal issues relating to laparoscopic and robotic surgery, discuss them threadbare, and suggest remedial measures. Doctors, medical associations, hospitals, lawyers, judges, regulators, and policy makers are part of this initiative.

In case of any problem in viewing medico-legal advice please contact | RSS

World Laparoscopy Hospital
Cyber City
Gurugram, NCR Delhi, 122002

All Inquiries

Tel: +91 124 2351555, +91 9811416838, +91 9811912768, +91 9999677788

Need Help? Chat with us
Click one of our representatives below
Hospital Representative
I'm Online