|Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Ankita Chowdhary - Jun 1st, 2014 11:29 pm.|
|I want to know that upto which month Medical termination of pregnancy is legally allowed.|
re: MTP by ADITYA RAJESHWAR - Jun 2nd, 2014 5:24 am
|Dear Ankita Choudhary,
Under The Medical Termination Of Pregnancy Act, 1971, Section-3(clause 2).The pregnancy can be terminated legally till twelve weeks, if pregnancy exceeds twelve weeks then also it can be terminated within twelve to twenty weeks, if the doctors are of opinion and in good faith believes that such pregnancy either risk the life of pregnant women or may cause physical or mental injury to her, or may believe that there is substantial risk of child being born seriously handicapped.
In the case of pregnancy occurring due to rape or failure of some method/device used to limiting the number of child such pregnancy shall be considered as causing injury to mental health.
re: MTP by Dr R K Mishra - Jun 2nd, 2014 6:03 am
Dr R K Mishra
|Dear Mrs. Chowdhary
Abortion in India is under strict scrutiny of law. It is legal only up to twenty weeks of being pregnant. Only under specific conditions and situations which are broadly defined below it can be done after twenty week:
The continuance of the pregnancy would involve a risk to the lifetime of the expectant mother or of grave injury physical or mental health.
2. There is a substantial risk when the child were born, it might suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities they can be seriously handicapped.
3. A grownup adult woman requires no other person consent except her own.
Abortion in India is so much controversial because the reason for Gendercide. In many areas of India as you might be aware of, daughters are not preferred and therefore sex determination followed by abortion is often practiced, resulting in an unnatural male to female population sex ratio.
So you should keep in mind The Indian Penal Code, that was enacted in 1860 and was written in accordance with Indian law during the time of is creation, declared induced abortion as illegal.
Induced abortion was defined as purposely causing miscarriage. Abortion practitioners would either be incarcerated for approximately three years, fined, or both; women undergoing abortions could be imprisoned for approximately seven years and also be charged an additional fine. The only real exception was when abortion was induced to save the life of the woman.
Empowering Through Knowledge: World Laparoscopy Hospital's Free Online Medicolegal Advice for Patients and Doctors
In the ever-evolving landscape of healthcare, the intersection of medicine and law plays a pivotal role. Recognizing this crucial juncture, World Laparoscopy Hospital is taking a pioneering step by offering free online medicolegal advice, a service that caters not only to patients but also to fellow healthcare professionals.
The Nexus of Medicine and Law
Medicolegal matters in healthcare are complex and often require a nuanced understanding of both medical practices and legal intricacies. These issues can range from malpractice claims to ethical dilemmas. World Laparoscopy Hospital's initiative to provide free online medicolegal advice acknowledges the importance of navigating these complexities effectively.
A Global Need for Expertise
Medical and legal concerns are universal, transcending geographical boundaries. Patients may find themselves in situations where they require legal guidance related to their healthcare, while doctors may seek clarification on medicolegal matters pertaining to their practice. World Laparoscopy Hospital stands ready to address these needs by offering free online medicolegal advice to a global audience.
Key Aspects of World Laparoscopy Hospital's Free Online Medicolegal Advice Service:
1. Accessible Expertise: The hospital boasts a team of experienced physicians, surgeons, and legal experts who specialize in medicolegal matters. This multidisciplinary approach ensures that individuals receive guidance from professionals well-versed in both medicine and law.
2. Global Reach: The online platform transcends geographical constraints, allowing patients and doctors from all corners of the world to access this service. This inclusivity is especially beneficial for those who may not have local access to medicolegal experts.
3. Convenience: The online medicolegal advice service is available around the clock, offering the convenience of seeking guidance at any time. This is particularly valuable for addressing urgent or time-sensitive issues.
4. Privacy and Security: World Laparoscopy Hospital places a premium on patient confidentiality and data security, ensuring that sensitive medicolegal information is treated with the utmost care.
5. Comprehensive Support: The hospital's experts provide holistic advice, addressing immediate concerns while also offering insights into navigating the complex medicolegal landscape effectively.
6. Professional Collaboration: In addition to aiding patients, the platform serves as a space where doctors can consult with their peers and medicolegal experts. This encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing among healthcare professionals.
Empowering Patients and Professionals Alike
The provision of free online medicolegal advice aligns seamlessly with World Laparoscopy Hospital's mission to empower patients and doctors. It enables patients to better understand their rights and options in medicolegal matters while offering doctors valuable guidance in navigating the legal aspects of healthcare.
Fostering Improved Healthcare Practices
In a world where medicolegal issues can be both intricate and intimidating, World Laparoscopy Hospital's commitment to offering free online medicolegal advice is a ray of hope. It empowers individuals and healthcare professionals to navigate these complex waters more confidently and effectively. World Laparoscopy Hospital's dedication to providing free online medicolegal advice is a testament to its commitment to improving healthcare practices globally. By making expertise more accessible, more inclusive, and more patient-centric, this institution is not only providing valuable guidance but also contributing to a healthcare landscape where informed decisions and ethical practices prevail. In a world that increasingly values knowledge, this initiative is a beacon of empowerment and enlightenment.
Ask Free Legal Questions On Consumer Protection Related to Laparoscopic Surgery. As the Premier Institute of Minimal Access Surgery World Laparoscopy Hospital provide Free medico legal advice to Patient and Surgeon. Institute of Medicine & Law department of World Laparoscopy Hospital provides education, information, and services in medical laws. WLH Medico Legal information and analysis is real-time, accurate, actionable and is delivered to doctors, hospitals, and lawyers on multiple platforms using the latest in technology.
Knowledge Bank of World Laparoscopy Hospital on Medical Laws is comprehensive and continuously updated with the latest developments in medical laws. Today, in World, World Laparoscopy Hospital possesses the best resources in terms of professionals, information, and knowledge on medical laws related to Minimal Access Surgery and these are optimally utilized in providing Medico legal Legal solutions.<
World Laparoscopy Hospital organizes the National and International Convention on Medico legal issues related to Minimal Access Surgery every year, a platform to identify the legal issues relating to laparoscopic and robotic surgery, discuss them threadbare, and suggest remedial measures. Doctors, medical associations, hospitals, lawyers, judges, regulators, and policy makers are part of this initiative.