Free Medical Advice | Asesoramiento médico gratuito| मुफ्त चिकित्सा सलाह

Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Jane Wolf - May 5th, 2013 5:05 am.
Jane Wolf
Jane Wolf
I'm a 20 year old girl and quite concerned about my nose right now. I took a blow to the nose about 5 days ago in a martial arts class. After impact, the nose cartilage on the right side of my nose was very much "dented in" and concaved. I put ice on it and it improved significantly, and swelled/bruised/was tender for a few days. Now the swelling has gone down and I can tell that there is still a slight bend in my right nose bridge cartilage. When I close my left nostril, I cannot breathe out of my right one as effectively as I could before.
Is there anything I can do, or anyone that I could go to to fix this? Is this permanent? I heard that it's imperative to go the doctor 7-10 days after the trauma, or before the nose "sets".

Any advice much appreciated.
re: none by Dr J S Chowhan - May 8th, 2013 10:54 am
Dr J S Chowhan
Dr J S Chowhan
Dear Jane Wolf

You should wait for few days so that oedema and inflammation will subside.

It could be tough to determine if your nose is broken. Swelling can make your nose look crooked even though it is not broken. In the event the swelling falls right after days, it is better to tell if your nose is really crooked. Most doctors want to check an injured nose soon after the swelling adjusted down.

Sometimes, testing by radiologist are usually necessary, such as an X-ray or computed tomography (CT) scan in the head, if other facial injuries or fractures are suspected. Send us a picture of your broken nose if you can so that we will be able to advice you.

With regard
J S Chowhan
Post Reply
Name *
Email * Will be hidden from visitors
Your Picture * Limit 2Mb please
Enter verification code Mathematical catpcha image
- calculate the result
* - required fields


Get Free Postoperative Advice

Laparoscopic Surgery Training

If you have a surgical concern and can’t reach a doctor right away, or you’re not sure where else to ask a qualified laparoscopic surgeon, you can get our Medical Help through this Forum of World Laparoscopy Hospital which is available 24 hours a day, Just fill-up the form given and within few our the answer of your question will be posted on this forum. Please keep in mind we answer the question only related to laparoscopic surgery. You can also search and browse thousands of answer already posted on this forum

Using Free Medical Advice Related to Laparoscopic Surgery Service, you can send your questions to our Laparoscopic Surgeon and the Doctor will reply within few hour. It’s as if you are having an email exchange with your very own private surgeon! As soon as you post your question, a qualified laparoscopic surgeon will start answering it. Our expert can help you learn more about the treatment and procedure options available to you for different health problems and diseases.They’ll also give you information to discuss with your doctor when deciding what kind of surgical treatment is best for you.

The Doctor will provide you with the all the medical information you need, and will guide you as you choose a course of action, all from the comfort of your home or office. No more sitting in the waiting room for hours just to get some basic information from your laparoscopic surgeon; no more self-diagnosis after reading pages and pages of confusing and contradictory Online information.

World Laparoscopy Hospital gives you the personalized health information you need to decide on the right treatment for you. The information that you provide will be seen by every person for education and information purpose so please not write your real name.

In case of any problem in asking free medical advice please contact | RSS

World Laparoscopy Hospital, Cyber City, Gurugram, NCR Delhi, 122002, India

All Inquiries

Tel: +91 124 2351555, +91 9811416838, +91 9811912768, +91 9999677788

Need Help? Chat with us
Click one of our representatives below
Hospital Representative
I'm Online