|Discussion in 'All Categories' started by MANI S SAJEEV - Jun 22nd, 2012 8:02 am.|
MANI S SAJEEV
|1) HOW MANY WEEKS REST NEEDED?
2) THINGS I SHOULD NOT DO DURING THE REST PERIOD AND AFTER?
3) ANY SPECIAL ADVICE?
re: ONEWEEK BACK I HAD (TAPP) B/LINGUINALHERNIAREPAIR by Dr J S Chowhan - Jun 22nd, 2012 1:17 pm
Dr J S Chowhan
|Dear Mani S Sajeev
You should follow the following instruction after laparoscopic hernia repair.
• Rest for the next 2 week.
• No strenuous activity for two weeks. You should not climb stairs immediately.
• No lifting over 15 pounds for 3 weeks or better 6 weeks for weight training.
• You should avoid sexual activity for four week after that you may resume sexual activity as soon as you can tolerate it without much discomfort.
• You may return to work in 2 weeks if you do clerical work or 4 weeks if you do manual labor.
• You may swim or bike in after 2 to 4 weeks sfter surgery depending of activity.
• You may drive a car after 2 week when you feel comfortable and narcotic pain reliever are not being used.
Laparoscopic TAPP hernia repair is associated with an exceedingly low recurrence rate and an acceptable complication rate.
J S Chowhan
If you have a surgical concern and can’t reach a doctor right away, or you’re not sure where else to ask a qualified laparoscopic surgeon, you can get our Medical Help through this Forum of World Laparoscopy Hospital which is available 24 hours a day, Just fill-up the form given and within few our the answer of your question will be posted on this forum. Please keep in mind we answer the question only related to laparoscopic surgery. You can also search and browse thousands of answer already posted on this forum
Using Free Medical Advice Related to Laparoscopic Surgery Service, you can send your questions to our Laparoscopic Surgeon and the Doctor will reply within few hour. It’s as if you are having an email exchange with your very own private surgeon! As soon as you post your question, a qualified laparoscopic surgeon will start answering it. Our expert can help you learn more about the treatment and procedure options available to you for different health problems and diseases.They’ll also give you information to discuss with your doctor when deciding what kind of surgical treatment is best for you.
The Doctor will provide you with the all the medical information you need, and will guide you as you choose a course of action, all from the comfort of your home or office. No more sitting in the waiting room for hours just to get some basic information from your laparoscopic surgeon; no more self-diagnosis after reading pages and pages of confusing and contradictory Online information.
World Laparoscopy Hospital gives you the personalized health information you need to decide on the right treatment for you. The information that you provide will be seen by every person for education and information purpose so please not write your real name.