Free Medical Advice | Asesoramiento médico gratuito| मुफ्त चिकित्सा सलाह

Eye high hyperopia
Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Prasanna - Oct 14th, 2011 7:12 pm.
Hi, am 21 year old suffering from high hyperopia. I got sight when i was 10 year old with +0.50, but gradually its increased for every 2 years(apprx) and now i am having +8.5 in right eye and +7.50 in my left eye. I am worried whether its stops increasing or not?? And what care i should take to stop my sight getting increased??
re: Eye high hyperopia by Dr M.K. Gupta - Oct 18th, 2011 8:30 pm
Dr M.K. Gupta
Dr M.K. Gupta
Dear Prasanna

Despite correction of hyperopia with spectacles, some patients will develop a non-accommodative component to the hyperopia.

Surgery is recommended when there is a greater than 10 prism diopters of constant esodeviation despite full refractive correction. This amount of esotropia prevents binocular visual development.

Some suggest prism adaption with Fresnel prisms prior to surgery. Prism adaption is done by prescribing base-out prism for the residual esotropia after prescribing gul hypermetropic correction. After the patient wears the prism for two weeks, they are evaluated to see if the esotropia has increased in which case the prism would be increased.

This is continued until the esotropia has stabilized.
Surgical options are most often a bilateral medial rectus recession or a monocular recess-resect procedure. The amount of surgery recommended is controversial with some recommending operating for the residual esotropia and other surgeons recommending an augmented approach.

Please contact any good eye surgeon and get advice.

With regards

M.K. Gupta
Post Reply
Name *
Email * Will be hidden from visitors
Your Picture * Limit 2Mb please
Enter verification code Mathematical catpcha image
- calculate the result
* - required fields


Get Free Postoperative Advice

Laparoscopic Surgery Training

If you have a surgical concern and can’t reach a doctor right away, or you’re not sure where else to ask a qualified laparoscopic surgeon, you can get our Medical Help through this Forum of World Laparoscopy Hospital which is available 24 hours a day, Just fill-up the form given and within few our the answer of your question will be posted on this forum. Please keep in mind we answer the question only related to laparoscopic surgery. You can also search and browse thousands of answer already posted on this forum

Using Free Medical Advice Related to Laparoscopic Surgery Service, you can send your questions to our Laparoscopic Surgeon and the Doctor will reply within few hour. It’s as if you are having an email exchange with your very own private surgeon! As soon as you post your question, a qualified laparoscopic surgeon will start answering it. Our expert can help you learn more about the treatment and procedure options available to you for different health problems and diseases.They’ll also give you information to discuss with your doctor when deciding what kind of surgical treatment is best for you.

The Doctor will provide you with the all the medical information you need, and will guide you as you choose a course of action, all from the comfort of your home or office. No more sitting in the waiting room for hours just to get some basic information from your laparoscopic surgeon; no more self-diagnosis after reading pages and pages of confusing and contradictory Online information.

World Laparoscopy Hospital gives you the personalized health information you need to decide on the right treatment for you. The information that you provide will be seen by every person for education and information purpose so please not write your real name.

In case of any problem in asking free medical advice please contact | RSS

World Laparoscopy Hospital, Cyber City, Gurugram, NCR Delhi, 122002, India

All Inquiries

Tel: +91 124 2351555, +91 9811416838, +91 9811912768, +91 9999677788

Need Help? Chat with us
Click one of our representatives below
Hospital Representative
I'm Online