|Discussion in 'All Categories' started by Manoj Rawat - Aug 25th, 2020 11:56 am.|
|Short History of Disease: 1. The patient is 80 years old female who went through cholecystectomy (gall balder removal) surgery on 4th Feb 2020.
2. The surgery seemed okay but after a few weeks, we cam to know that there is a leak in the bile duct.
3. After that doctors gave many drains to the bile to get out of body and none seems to be successful. And right now there is no drain, as doctors say another drain is possible only after surgery.
4. Doctors defer another surgery for a stent for bile duct saying that patient is not in good health and should be given time till she get good health.
5. Now it has been near about 8 months since the patient is in bed with the same condition after many unsuccessful drains and no proper treatment.
6. No, we would like to request your good self to give a proper suggestion and consultation.
Thanking in anticipation
re: Bile leak complication after Cholecystectomy by Dr R K Mishra - Aug 27th, 2020 9:26 am
Dr R K Mishra
|Dear Mr. Rawat
Please get one MRCP done. Major bile duct injury is a serious and potentially life-threatening complication of cholecystectomy. Incidence varies 0.5% for open cholecystectomy and 1.2% for laparoscopic cholecystectomy
MRCP can accurately diagnose postoperative biliary strictures and excision injuries and can characterize and anatomically classify these injuries for planning reparative surgery. It can also suggest the presence of cystic duct leaks in patients who have undergone cholecystectomy. In your case after MRCP again ERCP and stent insertion may be required.
If you have a surgical concern and can’t reach a doctor right away, or you’re not sure where else to ask a qualified laparoscopic surgeon, you can get our Medical Help through this Forum of World Laparoscopy Hospital which is available 24 hours a day, Just fill-up the form given and within few our the answer of your question will be posted on this forum. Please keep in mind we answer the question only related to laparoscopic surgery. You can also search and browse thousands of answer already posted on this forum
Using Free Medical Advice Related to Laparoscopic Surgery Service, you can send your questions to our Laparoscopic Surgeon and the Doctor will reply within few hour. It’s as if you are having an email exchange with your very own private surgeon! As soon as you post your question, a qualified laparoscopic surgeon will start answering it. Our expert can help you learn more about the treatment and procedure options available to you for different health problems and diseases.They’ll also give you information to discuss with your doctor when deciding what kind of surgical treatment is best for you.
The Doctor will provide you with the all the medical information you need, and will guide you as you choose a course of action, all from the comfort of your home or office. No more sitting in the waiting room for hours just to get some basic information from your laparoscopic surgeon; no more self-diagnosis after reading pages and pages of confusing and contradictory Online information.
World Laparoscopy Hospital gives you the personalized health information you need to decide on the right treatment for you. The information that you provide will be seen by every person for education and information purpose so please not write your real name.