DR. NITIRAJ OBEROI
Registration: 24267 DMC
Date of Birth: 26.05.1966
1. Indian Orthopedic Association
2. Delhi Orthopedic Association
3. Royal College of Surgeons, UK
4. Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
5. Indian Arthroscopy Association
6. Indian Arthroplasty association
Jan 2015 to Date: Principal Consultant Orthopedics, Fortis Hospital, Escorts, New Delhi
May 2013 to Dec 2014: Senior Consultant Orthopedics, Nova Healthcare, New Delhi
Nov 2009 to Apr 2013: Consultant Orthopedic, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi
Feb 2009 to Oct 2009: Consultant Orthopedic, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Jan 2000 to Jan 2009: Consultant Orthopedic, Max Healthcare, New Delhi.
Jan 1995 to Nov1999: Surgical Trainee Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK, University of Leeds and Hull, UK
Jan 1990 to Nov. 1994: Post Graduate Trainee and Surgical Registrar, Department of Orthopedics, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
1. FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK (1998).
2. DNB, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi (1994).
3. MS (Ortho). University of Delhi (1993).
4. MBBS, University of Delhi (1988).
Total Experience of Twenty seven years (27 years).
This includes Clinical discussions, Bed side classes, Undergraduate lectures, Post graduate lectures, Journal clubs, surgical demonstrations, specialist lectures for:
1. Students, both under and post graduate at Maulana Azad Medical college
2. Students of the Trinity and The Royal Colleges, Dublin , Ireland
3. Students of the University of Leeds and Hull, UK
4. DNB students at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
5. Registrars at the Max Hospitals
6. Students of Surgical Skills at the Ethicon Institute , New Delhi
7. Students Preparing for the MRCS Exam , Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
8. Delegates at various Arthroscopy courses organized by IOA.
9. Teaching at the monthly post graduate classes at various locations as organized by Delhi Orthopedic Association
Extensive experience in managing, preparing and presenting clinical audits of structure, and function at the Royal colleges and more recently at the Max Hospitals and Fortis Healthcare, New Delhi, both improving the quality of delivery and uplifting the standards of medical delivery.
I have been associated with leading corporate hospitals in New Delhi since the outset of my professional career.
The areas of my interest include
1. Adult joint reconstruction including hip, knee and shoulder
2 Revision and difficult primary joint replacements
3. Pelviacetabular surgery
4. Arthroscopy and Sports injuries
The following are some of the highlights of my academic work in my specialist interest:
1. Associated with the Irish Orthopedic Association., Presented at the annual cappagh orthopedic lecture on managing floating shoulder.
2. Associated with the British Orthopedic Association presenting twice at their annual regional meets, on the logic of hydroxyapatite coating in femoral stem designs.
3. Attended various training sessions, courses for knee and shoulder surgery at Droitwhich ,Shoulder course, Reading, ; MIS Shoulder training, Praed Street, London, ; Karl Storz surgical skills center, Germany.
4. Associated with the Sports Authority of India as the Sports Surgeon for over 3 years
5. Associated with various Sporting Federations towards delivery of various tiers of healthcare delivery to the athletes.
6. Presented paper, arthroscopic assisted fixation of fractures of the tibial plateau at the indo German orthopedic conclave on 1st & 2nd October 2007 – Chandigarh.
7. Presented paper, role of hard bearing surfaces in total hip arthroplasty at the CME on Advances and Techniques in Joint Replacement Surgery 6th winter meeting at, New Delhi on 1t –2nd February 2008.
8. Presented paper on” Complication in lower limb Arthroscopy in Basic Knee Arthroscopy workshop at XXVII annual Conference of North Zone Chapter of Indian Orthopaedic Association 4th – 6th April 2008.
9. Presented paper on extensive exposure in two column acetabular fractures at the AO acetabular course (faculty lecture) May 4, 2009, New Delhi, India.
10. Presented paper on composite fixation at the AO symposium on managing osteoporotic fractures September 1, 2009, New Delhi, India.
11. Presented paper on wear characteristics of all poly versus metal backed tibial trays in total knee replacement at the bearing surfaces meeting at sunrise hospital, Hyderabad, October 2010
12. Presented paper on damage control orthopedics at the north zone orthopedic meet , November 2012
13. Participated as a panelist at the sixth Official European Masters facture Forum, Basel , Switzerland ,on February 19th-21st, 2015.
14. Presented recent advances in managing large giant cell tumours of the distal radius at the 1st Annual conference of India Musculoskeletal Oncology Society (IMSOS-2015) on 13th-14th March, 2015, Mumbai.
15. Paper presented on classification and surgical approaches to distal femoral fractures in FOCUS-KNEE on May 10,2015
Paper presented on Soft tissue Optimization in Proximal Tibial fractures in FOCUS knee at focus Knee.
17. Presented paper on Soft tissue balancing of hip Arthroplasty at Asia Pacific Arthroplasty meet.
18. Presented paper on balancing considerations in revision knee replacement at Delhi Arthroplasty course.
19 Presented paper on recent advances in Knee arthroplasty at the annual all india IMA meet at New Delhi in January 2016
20. 16. Associated with training Orthopedic surgeons and postgraduate students along with Johnson and Johnson Ethicon Institute of Surgical excellence at New Delhi.
21. have been presenting regularly updating the GPs on the recent advances in various aspects of orthopedics at the IMA meetings at Delhi, Ghaziabad, Varanasi, Satna, Bhopal , Karnal ,Jaipur etc.