Biography: Name: Dr. B. S. BHALLA
GASTRO-SURGEON AND ADVANCED GI ENDOSCOPIST
MBBS -- Govt. Medical College, Patiala (1991-1996)
M.S (General Surgery) -- Govt. Medical College, Patiala (1998-2001)
Fellowships and Training
Post Specialization Work Experience
- FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery), AMASI, 2008
- FIAGES (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery), IAGES, 2011
- LAP HERNIA COURSE, AIIMS, N. Delhi. 2012
- FALS-BARIATRIC (Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery), IAGES, 2017
- FAIS ( Fellowship of Association of Surgeons of India), 2018
- FMBS (Fellowship in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery), TAIWAN, 2019
- Trained GI ENDOSCOPIST (ADVANCED THERAPEUTIC ENDOSCOPY, COLONOSCOPY, AND ERCP)
1. As Senior Resident, Deptt. of Neurosurgery, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, Punjab. It is a premier medical college and teaching hospital of north India
2. As Senior Resident, Deptt. of Neurosurgery, UCMS and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, New Delhi.
3. As Senior Resident, Dept. of Surgery, Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Amritsar, Punjab.
4. As Assistant Professor:
MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Mullana, Ambala, India
5. As Consultant, Laparoscopic and General Surgery, in a 300-bedded Super-Speciality Hospital since 2009.
Presently working as (2009 ONWARDS):
Head of Department and Sr. Consultant Laparoscopic and General Surgeon, and Interventional GI Endoscopist, in a 200 bedded Super-Specialty Hospital
1. Reader, Dept of General Surgery, Sukhmani DC and Hospital
2. Faculty, Fellowship GI Endoscopy Course, World Laparoscopy Hospital.
Area of Expertise:
LAPAROSCOPY AND GENERAL SURGERY
: routinely doing Laparoscopic surgery cases such as lap. Cholecystectomy, lap. Hernioplasty(inguinal, incisional and ventral) , lap. Appendectomy, lap. Cystectomy, Lap. fundoplication etc. besides all General Surgery cases including Thyroidectomies, Cardiomyotomy, Mastectomy, MRM, MIPH, Hepatico-Jejunostomies, Colectomies, Laprotomies, etc.
DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC GI ENDOSCOPY
UGI ENDOSCOPY: Variceal banding, Stricture Dilatations, Esophageal/Duodenal Stenting, foreign body extractions, Sclerotherapy PEG, etc.
ENDOSCOPIC BARIATRIC PROCEDURES: Intragastric Balloon Placement
ERCP: for CBD stones or Strictures, CBD stenting, etc.
1. Life Member: Association Surgeon of India (ASI)
2. Life Member: Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
3. Life member: Indian Association of Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopic
4. Life member: Indian Hernia Society (IHS)
- APHS 2013, Hong Kong: - Novel Method of Inguinal Hernioplasty using a new “Flower Mesh”
- “SURGEONS AND ERCP”, at SELSICON, 2019.