Name : DR RAM NIWAS BANSAL
Qualifications: MBBS, Banaras Hindu University, India – 1974
M S. (General Surgery) B.H.U., India – 1978
FAIS (Fellow of Association of Indian Surgeons)
FMAS (Fellowship of Minimal Access Surgeons of India)
FIAGES (Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal EndoSurgeons)
FICS (Fellow of International College of Surgeons)
FALS(Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery)
1. World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
2. Association of Surgeons of India
3. Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
4. Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
5. Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
6. Association of Colo-Rectal Surgeons of India
7. Urological Society of India
8. Hernia Society of India
9. Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia
10. Asia Pacific Hernia Society
11. Member Delhi Medical Council
12. Member Indian Medical Association
Faculty at World Laparoscopy Hospital & Training Institute
Laparoscopic Surgery Workshops & Training courses attended:
1. Attended the first Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Workshop from 06 December 1994 to 07 December 1994 in Saudi Arabia jointly organized by the Ministry of Health and Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
2. Thereafter had 3 months of training in Laparoscopic Surgery from King Khaled Hospital, Tabuk, Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3. Basic Laparoscopic Training from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 22 November 1999 to 04 December 1999.
4. Short-term Training in Laparoscopic Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 07 December 1999 to 08 January 2000.
5. Basic Laparoscopic Training from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 10 January 2000 to 24 January 2000.
6. Advanced Laparoscopic Training from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 24 Sept 2001 to 6 October 2001.
7. Essential Laparoscopic Training for Surgeons and Gynaecologists at New Delhi in August 2003.
8. Stapling Training Course held at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi on 21 September 2003.
9. Simulated Training Programme on Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery organized by BEAMS at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Mumbai, India from 10 October 2004 to 12 October 2004.
10. Laparoscopic suturing, knotting, and stapling courses in AMASICON 2005, held at All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 17 March 2005 to 20 March 2005.
11. Laparoscopic Training at Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 15 July 2005 to 14 October 2005.
12. Workshop on Master Class in Hernia held at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi on 4 October 2005.
13. Fellowship Course of Minimal Access Surgery conducted by Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India at All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 29 November 2006 to 2 December 2006.
14. Fellowship course of IAGES held at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 29 March 2007 to 02 April 2007.
Appointments Held while in Govt Job:
Has worked in various positions in all major hospitals of Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
1. Consultant General & Laparoscopic Surgeon and HOU, Hindu Rao Hospital.
2. Thoracic Surgeon & Acting Director, R.B.T.B.Chest Hospital, New Delhi.
3.HOD Surgery at Swami Dayanand Hospital, Delhi.
4. Medical Superintendent, Swami Dayanand Hospital, Delhi
5.DNB Teacher & thesis guide at North Delhi Municipal Corporation Medical College and associated Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi
Clinical attachment as General & Laparoscopic Surgeon at:
1. Saroj Medical Institute, Rohini, Delhi
2. Bhagwan Mahavir Hospital, Rohini
3. MGS Hospital Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi
Laparoscopy Surgery Training Courses Conducted as faculty:
1. Faculty at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi for conducting the educational courses in various disciplines.
2. Has conducted Surgical Skill Courses and Laparoscopic Training courses for Surgeons & Gynaecologists.
3. Conducted Laparoscopic training courses at Laparoscopy Hospital, New Delhi, imparting Essential and Advanced Laparoscopy Training courses to Surgeons and Gynaecologists from India and abroad.
4. Has Conducted the Basic/Advanced Laparoscopy course at IBC Medical Centre, Dubai, UAE several times.