Patient and Visitor FAQs at WLH
What are my responsibility as a patient?
- You are expected to provide complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, home telephone number, date of birth, insurance carrier and employer, when it is required.
- You should provide the hospital or your doctor with a copy of your advance directive if you have one.
- You are expected to provide complete and accurate information about your health and medical history, including present condition, past illnesses, hospital stays, medicines, vitamins, herbal products, and any other matters that pertain to your health, including perceived safety risks.
- You are expected to ask questions when you do not understand information or instructions. If you believe you can’t follow through with your treatment plan, you are responsible for telling your doctor.
- You are responsible for outcomes if you do not follow the care, treatment and services plan.
- You are expected to actively participate in your pain management plan and to keep your doctors and nurses informed of the effectiveness of your treatment.
- Please leave valuables at home and only bring necessary items for your hospital stay.
- You are expected to treat hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect; abide by all hospital rules and safety regulations; and be mindful of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors.
- You are expected to provide complete and accurate information about your health insurance coverage and to pay your bills in a timely manner.
- You are expected to keep and be on time for appointments, or to call front desk of World Laparoscopy Hospital if you cannot keep your appointments.